The college was started in 1992 by Mahatma Gandhi Vidyamandir to bring the so called underprivileged section of the society in the mainstream of development. Initially, the college was able to run arts faculty incorporating the needs of the tribal students. However, with the changing times the college started commerce and science faculty and brought in the facility of science and commerce education. This helped the tribal students and relinquished their pains of going to metro cities for such education.
The college runs Art’s, Science and Commerce faculties on granted basis. The college is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune and is approved under section 2 (f) and 12 (b) of UGC act. The college has its own building sufficient classrooms and laboratory, Library and Gymkhana facilities to impart quality education to students. The college was accredited with B Grade, by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) Bangalore setup by the UGC.
The devotional motto of the institution is "Bahujana Hitay Bahujana Sukhay". The institution has been registered under society's Registration Act 1860.(No 2766 of 1951-52 dated 21-02-1952) and Bombay Public Trust Act 1950(NO F-27 dated 23-08-1954).
To reach out to the poor‚ needy downtrodden‚ segregated and deprived‚ to uplift them by giving new directions‚ heights and aspirations through education.
Bahujan Hitay‚ Bahujan Sukhay‚ the Path Shown by our founder father‚ Late Karmaveer Bhausaheb Hiray‚ a Great Educationist‚ Motivates us to Strive for academic Excellence by Exploring the Potentialities of economically weaker Sections of the Society by providing them opportunities to face Global challenges.
- To impart quality and value based education to the students
- To strive for leadership qualities and scientific temperament
- To encourage innovations in teaching‚ learning and extension activities
- To empower girl students through education to become morally‚ socially and economically independent
- To promote national integrity‚ equality and social justice among students
Salient Features Of the College
- Idyllic landscape
- Affiliated to S. P. Pune University
- Re-Accredited by NAAC with 'A' Grade
- Qualified & Experienced Teaching Staff
- Excellent Academic Result & Good Academic Environment
- Well Equipped Laboratories
- Good Classrooms
- Rich Library
- Excellent Playground & Gymnasium
- Exposure to various Co-Curricular and Cultural Activities
Fees Regulating Authority